Thursday, December 29, 2016

100 Days Raw - Day 1

December 27th (Tuesday)

Juice Fast Day 1

I want the first 100 days of each new year to be dedicated to a fully raw reset. For 2017, I am getting started early since I am on break, and I don’t have to battle with work and starting a fast. The first 60 days of my raw food reset are dedicated to juice fasting. My goal is to get out of my own way so that my body can focus on healing my autoimmune issues, which means my gut is a mess. I have been vegan for 3.5 years, but a lot of that has included processed foods – mainly potato chips. After the fast, my goal is to continue my journey as a high raw vegan, but to eliminate processed foods.

Another goal I have is to complete a 50 mile run when I am fifty years old (four more years to prepare). If this fast gives me full access to breathing deeply again, I will begin to train by first signing up for a 5k, 10k, 15k, half, and full marathon. To be able to run again without the assistance of an inhaler is my dream.

Here are the juices I had today: (I went to buy produce so I didn’t start drinking until after 12PM.)
  • 1.     32oz water with the juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime
  • 2.     6 carrots, 1 lime, 2 apples, 1 cantaloupe (32oz)
  • 3.     1 stalk celery, 2 cucumbers, 1 head of romaine, 2 apples, 1 lemon (50 oz)
  • 4.     16 oz of orange juice mixed with 16 oz of coconut water (32 oz)


During a fast, I aim to consume 1 gallon of water in addition to my juices. I did not meet that goal today. After three days of juicing, I intend to begin sauna therapy by sitting in an infrared sauna for 30 minutes each day to help eliminate toxins.

Enema: I cleansed with three enemas today:
  • 1.     Morning – 64oz water with 2 tsp of sea salt
  • 2.     Afternoon – 64oz water with 1 tsp of baking soda and a splash of apple cider vinegar
  • 3.     Night – 64oz water with 2TB of apple cider vinegar
jlWeightloss: I am avoiding the scale at this time. I can look at my big ol' belly and determine I am not the size I want to be. I will be using clothes to determine my success. If I can fit into a pair of pants I haven't been able to wear for a while, I will be pleased with my progress. I will begin to put on the pants after 21 days of successful juicing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment