Friday, November 4, 2016

To Start Raw or Not - That is the Question!

I hate when I get the urge to jump into a fully raw stint this close to Thanksgiving. Ugh! Not so sure why I think perfection is necessary. Nothing says I can't do raw until the holiday then jump right back in - or what if I have my meal early so I can start my journey. Sigh. I need to get this healing show on the road.

I have no intention at this time in my life to be fully raw for life, but I know it's necessary to undo the damage of four decades of unhealthy living. You couldn't find an unhealthier person. I raised my poor babies on processed junk. I ate processed garbage while I was pregnant with them. I remember days of popcorn and Mountain Dew in college. If ever in my adult life that I ate a vegetable, it was slathered in butter or cheese. I don't know how my body endured such abuse - then I wonder how I attracted abuse in my relationships - heck, I abused my own body. There I was 41 and 238lbs. I shudder to think where I would be now if God had not led me to the life I live now. It's now, however, I have to be patient with my healing journey. Understanding I ain't gon' reverse 4 decades of foolishness overnight - especially when I still include some processed foods in my diet. The last time I survived 105 days fully raw, I did it wrong. I stayed loaded with fats: avocado and nuts, especially. This time I know I have to eat less fat for a deeper cleanse.

My plan is to include a daily green juice for breakfast, a 64oz smoothie for lunch, and a fruit meal for dinner. If I can do this for at least 60 to 90 days, I'll be on my way.

To start or not to start before Thanksgiving - that is my dilemma. I could start. Stop. Then start my count again; I could wait until after Thanksgiving; I could have an early Thanksgiving; or I could skip Thanksgiving this year.

Decisions.

Decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment