Thursday, December 29, 2016

100 Days Raw - Juice Fast - Day 2 of 60

Wednesday, December 28, 2016


Juice Fast Day 2 of 60 (100 days raw food fast)

I woke up today with a teeny tiny headache – just enough to let me know I am fasting, but not enough to disturb my sanity.


Medicine
I remember watching Jason Vale’s Super Juice Me and the participants continued taking their medications during the juicing retreat, so I intend to continue with the leaky gut healing protocol I have been following before juicing: Diatomaceous Earth, probiotics, magnesium glutamate, L-glutamine, Quercetin, inhaler, and allergy meds as needed.

Starting the Day
Since diatomaceous earth has no calories, I started the day with 2tsp added to 16oz of water. I followed this with 32oz of herbal tea (formulated specifically for breathing support) and the juice of one lemon.

Around 9AM, I enjoyed 32oz of coconut water. Since I am doing an enema three times a day, I did take a probiotic . . . I know that breaks the norm of a juice fast, but I want to be safe since I am using an enema so frequently. Raw foodist Markus Rothkranz has a youtube video on enemas, and he asserts the sicker you are you should aim for three enemas daily.  I only completed two by the end of the day as I realized they aren’t encouraging much elimination.

At 11AM, I drank 32oz water. To gauge how often I drink a juice, I allow myself to go to the restroom twice. After two trips to urinate, believe it or not, I’m ready for more liquids – whether or not that’s water or another juice.

At 1PM, I drank 32oz juice: 6 carrots, 2 apples, and 2 oranges.

Mid afternoon, after a quick nap, I sipped on another 32oz of water.

Next – 32oz coconut water; later – 32oz orange juice mixed with a little coconut water.

Evening juice – pineapple – celery – 1 inch ginger – 2 apples – 1 head romaine – 1 lime

I spent the day on the couch watching youtube videos for inspiration. By late night, I settled on a Netflix movie. This did incite a response to snack on something crunchy and salty, but I thought about my healing and overcame my thoughts of sabotage.

Body Responses
·      Cracked lips;
·      Some breathing issues;
·      Some sneezing;
·      Runny nose

Awareness
I am juicing to heal, so I was discouraged that my asthma did flare up without much physical movement. I learned a few months ago that certain foods have histamines – and if you have a leaky gut, chances are your food allergies are related to this problem; some high histamine foods can trigger a response. Well, citrus fruits have high histamines, so after drinking the orange juice, I felt my breathing becoming labored, so I had to take my inhaler. The last time I embarked on a juice fast, I didn’t know anything about histamines, and I feasted on orange juice every day. About day 19, I was really sick, but I attributed it to detox. I’ve trained myself to always listen to my body, so I broke the fast because there was an overwhelming since of “unwellness” I couldn’t explain – I just knew the orange juice was making me sick. Now, I know why. Knowledge is power.

Weight loss
At this point, I am not juicing for weight loss, so I am not using the scale. Once I feel as if my healing is progressing, I may turn my attention to dropping dress sizes. It’s too early in the game for me to care about my size (although I need to drop a few dress sizes); I want to run again without the aid of my inhaler. I want to laugh loudly without triggering a coughing attack. This is more important at this time than losing weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment