Sunday, June 22, 2014

My Veganniversary June 2014

Although June 25th 2001 is the day my mother died, fast forward to 2013 - June 25th is also the last day I've ever eaten meat. :-)

No, I didn't plan it to unfold this way, but what an amazing way to celebrate my mother's memory by living a life avoiding the animal products that she, unknowingly, allowed to clog her arteries which led to her death.

So, it's a season to celebrate. Yes, June 26th - this Thursday - woot! woot! is my one year veganniversary! I'm stoked.

Can you believe it? A fried chicken lovin'-roast-beef and potatoes for Sunday dinner eatin'-salad and ranch dressing muchin'-fish and grits for breakfast enjoyin'-turkey sandwich chompin' girl like me walked away from ALL animal products and never looked back. Ever.

Listen: If I can do this, you can too. Research helps and a heart for other animals helps as well. I know it seems today as if this lifestyle came naturally to me - but I began transforming in February 2013 - and by May I still had no idea that I could ever leave meat alone - then it just happened. I had Golden Chick seasoned chicken nuggets on June 25th - and it just didn't feel right. I remember I couldn't finish them.

From that day to this one, I've never touched the flesh of any animal or their by-products. Of course, my research empowered me - especially Rip Esseltyn's book My Beef with Meat.

Vegan. One year. And many more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment