Sunday, February 22, 2015

Spring Clean with a Juice fast in April

Let's think about April: Spring cleaning.

Everyone should allow the digestive track a time to rest at least twice a year. Spring and fall are two good cleansing points. Until you can work up the mental acuity to cleanse at least once a month, begin the mental work now that you will cleanse once in the spring and once in the fall.
I would like you to consider a spring-cleaning juice fast in April. If you've never juiced before, consider a 3, 5, or 7 day fast.

Tips:
1. Join a juice fasting support group now - don't wait until April.
2. Buy your juicer by the end of March.
3. Check your April calendar and choose the days that have the least distractions: no birthday parties, no girls night outs, no anniversaries to celebrate - be sure the days you choose are STRESS FREE!
My best suggestion is to begin with a 3-day fast in April. You see, I believe in the power of small steps. You don't have to conquer Rome in a day.

If 3 days works for you, in the fall, try a 5 day cleanse. If that works, spring 2016 try a 7 day cleanse. Often times, we force ourselves into these lofty goals, then nothing gets done because we quit - thinking we're a failure. Well, no you aren't a failure, you just dreamed too big. I know that's what all the propaganda tells us: DREAM BIG! Believe it or not, that usually doesn't work when you're transforming your health from poor to optimal. Gradual steps work best.

If you think you will try a three day juice fast in April, maybe use March to try a one day smoothie fast or a one day all raw foods fast.

Start the mental preparation. Take off the racing shoes. This isn't a race. The reward goes to those who make it across the finish line.
Don't be in a hurry. This is why I promote 1lb down a month. I'm not being facetious; I'm being real. I bet you didn't lose any weight last year, so don't scoff at 1lb down. It will take you farther than setting a goal to lose 8lbs a month then eventually binging and gaining it all back.
Stop trying to win the race by coming in swiftly. Make finishing your goal.

So, check out my March suggestions for wellness, if you haven't already. Commit to a wellness goal. Then start mentally preparing for a juice fast in April.

I'm successful now eating fully raw because I gave myself several months to process it. During the fall of last year, I was pretty serious that I wanted to start the new year off being fully raw. Lil' Roadie suggested I start before the new year. I tried. And failed. Most people started promptly at the new year; I wasn't quite ready yet. Finally, I jumped in on January 8th and haven't looked back.
Health is our greatest asset. And as long as I have any influence over your life, I will constantly remind you to take care of your Temple. That's my message. That's my mission.

I love you too much to let obesity and disease overtake you.
Cheers to our health - one small goal at a time.

Love y'all,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment